Monday, October 21, 2013

"Koi"

Completed October 20th, 2013



Doing this drawing was fun, because I really enjoy just drawing things in pencil.  At first it was just a line drawing, and then later I filled in all the shading.  This piece took me about 4-5 hours in total.  Something I really struggle with is drawing scales, but I got a bit of practice drawing that snake a few weeks ago, so drawing the scales on this drawing wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be.  I also struggle with eyes sometimes, but his eyes in this piece turned out well.  I feel like there is a lot of pressure to get the eyes right, because the eyes capture the whole soul of the animal. If the eyes are off, the whole drawing is off. I think I did it justice.  I'm really happy with this drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment