Monday, December 23, 2013

Finally

It's been about two full days since I got my tattoo, and it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be. 

Since I've watched a number of tattoos being done, I sort of knew what to expect, but I didn't know what it was going to feel like.  When I arrived at the shop we did all the things I had seen before, like washing my skin and putting the stencil on.  We got the stencil in the right place on the first try, which apparently barely ever happens.  Since I couldn't wear a shirt while I was being tattooed I had to wear this scarf wrapped around me and it was sort of annoying.  As soon as she put the stencil on and everything was about to begin, all the nervousness I had in my stomach the whole week went away, which was a really nice feeling.  I had no idea what the actual tattooing part was going to feel like, so I was a little scared for that, but she did the first line and I realized at once that I was going to be fine.  I wouldn't describe the feeling as pleasant, but it was certainly bearable.  The whole tattoo took about two and a half hours to do. During the last twenty minutes my skin was becoming pretty tender and the lines she did hurt more than they did at the beginning, and I was ready to be done. I barely got swollen or bled, so that was really nice.  After she finished tattooing she wiped it down and put a piece of saran wrap over it and taped it to me, and told me to take it off after 6-8 hours and then gently wash it and let it air dry.  She also gave me some lotion to put on it.  So far it's been healing fine, and it isn't hurting at all.  I'm super glad I decided to do it, I don't feel any regrets.  I love it. 

I would post a picture of it, but it's on my sternum, and I can't find a way to crop it so you just see the tattoo (if you know what I mean). So here is a picture of the stencil that we put on.  There were some tiny little things we had to change on the stencil ( like the dots under the left leaf not being right underneath the leaf like on the right leaf) before we tattooed it, but this is pretty much exactly what it looks like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment