Friday, November 15, 2013

Almost Inked

So today I went down to the shop again for my tattoo consultation.  A consultation is basically where you meet with the artist who is going to be doing your tattoo, and you basically tell them what you want done.  You show them pictures, tell them your ideas and tell them where you want the tattoo on your body. The artist takes notes, draws little sketches, and helps you work out all the details. 
       I'm super excited that my mentor is going to be the one doing my tattoo.  She's just so awesome, and her work is so great.  I gave her some pictures and drawings that I had, talked to her about where I wanted it on my body and how big.  It's going to be a very awesome tattoo. 
       I paid for it up front, (I preferred that, now I don't have to worry about the money part again!) and we booked the date of the tattoo.  She's going to contact me once she has some things drawn up, and then I'll go in again before the actual tattoo date and take a look at them, and we will put a stencil on my body, just so I can see what the tattoo will actually look like on me.

       I'm very excited for this tattoo, and also a little bit nervous.  Even though I've watched 4 tattoos being done, I still haven't experienced it myself.  I'm not really nervous for the pain part, even though the part of my body I want tattooed is said to hurt very much.  I'm just nervous because this piece of art is going to stay on my body for the rest of my life.  That's a long time.  People have told me that I'll regret it because I'm still so young, other people have said that I shouldn't get it because I'll be old one day and it won't look as good.  I really don't think I'm going to regret it, because I feel that once it's on my body, it will always have meaning to me, and it will always be special.  Even when I'm older and it maybe doesn't look that good, it will still represent that time in my life when I got it, who I was when I got it, and the meaning of the tattoo will still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment