Sunday, November 24, 2013

Jellyfish




I am super excited about how this piece turned out.  I love it so much.  It took about 6 hours in total to complete.  It started out as a pencil drawing.  Next I used watercolor paint to paint the blue background.  I painted around the jellyfish.  I then painted the actual jellyfish. The next day, I realized that the tops of the two bottom jellyfish were just shaped really awkward, so I took out my paint again and made them a bit more rounded.  I then inked the drawing, which took a long time because the ink pens I have don't really like to work on top of paint.  After I inked them, I did some finishing touches with pencil crayon.  I really, really like this piece, and I'm sad now that I don't get to keep it, because it's a birthday gift for someone else. Wah. Oh well. I hope they like it as much as I do.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the lucky recipient will love it. Who wouldn't be honoured by such a gift?

    I'm quite sorry that I haven't commented on each post as I read it because now much of what I had to say is old news. I'll do better.

    Your experience so far is what I hoped for when I imagined the potential of passion projects. This is something that matters to you, and you are developing the skills, relationships, and thinking required to learn and grow. I'm excited to watch this progress, now and in the future.

    ReplyDelete